Creating my own wedding accessories has been a bit stressful, but very rewarding when they are completed. I am having a peacock color wedding, (minus the peacock feathers since my friend has convinced me they are bad luck,) because my fiance has green eyes and I have blue. I found this beautiful satiny fabric at joanns and after a great sale took home 2 yards of it. This fabric was labeled as a tie dye even though I think that doesn’t do it justice.Swirls of chartreuse, teal, royal purple, cobalt blue and emerald green
with small flecks of gold flake
I took a 19” x 24” rectangle piece of fabric and after pinking all edges sewed the 19” edges together with a 1” seam, to make a tube. I then made a drawstring on both ends, stuffed them then drew the two ends tightly.
I took two matching, mother-of- pearl flake buttons and attached them with the cord to cover the small gap that cinching it created. I then stitched the two buttons together with ribbon to hold the top and bottom together. I also took 1/8” ribbon and made a tassel and attached it to the bottom
This Christmas I handmade most of my presents this year. While it was stressful and exhausting It was well worth the effort. Everyone was very happy, This fully lined apron I made especially for a Sister in law, it reminded me of a beer garden girl so much I wanted to give her two pint mugs to go with them.
The Brown fuzzy Trim I added was my favorite addition to the apron, it went really nice with the cream eyelet lace. I used four small bows on each end of the side ribbons that I attached with the herring bone stitch ( which when used that way reminds me of fish net)
I have always felt that having an apron tied around the waist to be uncomfortable, so I started about 7 aprons ago making them with an elastic waistband my mother who is very tiny, loves them since they don’t slid off of her frame.
Adding the pocket was difficult to line up the pattern with out wasting fabric but I succeeded, you can hardly see it, I don’t think the recipient even realized it was there .
I found these fat quarter packs at Jo-Anns fabric a few weeks ago. I just loved the print it, I found it reminiscent of June Cleaver. I wanted an apron so badly made with it. I caught a good sale a while back and was thrilled to take these home.
the fat quarters
Since I was using fat quarters at 18”x21” I wanted to make sure that I made the side hems as small as possible. I used a ribbon to encase the edges. I love how this turned out . I had never tried it before I think I did it well
stitching the ribbon on right side first
after attaching to the right side of the fabric as close to the edge as possible I flipped it over pinned it down to the wrong side and stitched it along as straight as possible
finished side encased in ribbon
I really like to put 2 rows of lace usually contrasting on my skirts and aprons . it adds so much with so little I stagger my lace a little depending on the width of my lace
the 2 rows of lace on the bottom
I am very happy with the end result. Im proud that Iwas successful in a new technique I will try ribbon edges more often especially when conserving the size of fabric
I know this wasn’t a tutoria’l but if anyone has any questions I will try my best to answer them