I finally finished my first commissioned apron. This is a fully reversible, 6 aprons in 1, and triple thick ,this is a heavy duty apron.
here it is reversed
She really wanted an apple and rooster apron, after searching 6 fabric stores for the right apple I came across this gem.
I never really wanted an apple fabric until now. I am actually thinking of making my self a dress with it. The pockets are copper metallic dot, and the black has tiny black apple blossoms that don’t really show on here. This was a lot of firsts for me, first making ruffles for a project, first collars ( free formed them I don’t even own a pattern with a collar) and first triple lined, all my others are dual layers. Took my 5 days in total.
I was recently married to the man of my dreams. I made the crazy decision to try to make everything, I mostly succeeded. I made myself this bouquet after not finding anything vintage enough to go with my 1920-30s look. I never intended on the hops being part of it but I couldn’t find any foliage I liked better so here it is; dusky purple Poppies, green and white hops, green ranunculus, cream and green love lies bleeding and cream feathers. I covered the holder in a soft moss before adding the flowers so it looks fuller. I really loved how it turned out . My husband ( who is a big H.P Lovecraft fan) told me it looked Cthulhu-ey. while I no longer have my bouquet, I sent it up to be with my ailing aunt who couldn’t make it, it made me so happy, in fact i was informed by my husband that when I stepped out, he heard a gasp followed by “Oh my God look at the bouquet.”
Creating my own wedding accessories has been a bit stressful, but very rewarding when they are completed. I am having a peacock color wedding, (minus the peacock feathers since my friend has convinced me they are bad luck,) because my fiance has green eyes and I have blue. I found this beautiful satiny fabric at joanns and after a great sale took home 2 yards of it. This fabric was labeled as a tie dye even though I think that doesn’t do it justice.Swirls of chartreuse, teal, royal purple, cobalt blue and emerald green
with small flecks of gold flake
I took a 19” x 24” rectangle piece of fabric and after pinking all edges sewed the 19” edges together with a 1” seam, to make a tube. I then made a drawstring on both ends, stuffed them then drew the two ends tightly.
I took two matching, mother-of- pearl flake buttons and attached them with the cord to cover the small gap that cinching it created. I then stitched the two buttons together with ribbon to hold the top and bottom together. I also took 1/8” ribbon and made a tassel and attached it to the bottom