Dots and Roses with Daisies Apron

017

My favorite apron so far, made while blaring Rammstein,and finished in record time. This apron is more me than any made before, black with white dot, with red roses and white daisies, it is trimmed in cream and red lace. Going to have a hard time letting go of this one.

Red Rose/White Dot Apron

red rose apron with white

Ah roses is there anything more simple while still being so elegant? I fell in love with this rose fabric and it took a long time for me to cut into it, I’m very pleased with how it came out. Like all my apron this is fully lined. The attached half apron is white dot on white very subtle but I think it adds a lot. 

01red rose with white apron detail

 

I added apple green topstitching to the rose fabric, and finished off with red and white lace. I have started to refer to this pattern that I have created as a “tartlett apron” 

Red Rose/Black Floral Purse

red-rose/black floral purse unfinished

red-rose/black floral purse unfinished

I started making myself this small purse, and while its unfinished, I wanted to share this with you. I have been considering making a pearl beaded handle, but have yet to commit to it. The red roses are actually two pockets and edged in this beautiful antique cream lace that I have been  referring to as buttermilk. I received the lace as a gift and  was found in a small shop in  Wisconsin along with 10 yards of forest green lace that you will be seeing a lot of soon.  The lining is a tiny white dot on a red background. I did a top stitching in an apple green thread. My favorite is the little red rose decorative button, its the cherry on top.

This bag is very similar to the first project I ever tried to sew on a machine, I completely butchered  it;  I wanted to quit but my husband encouraged me to finish no matter what it looked like, so I could see how far I  had come once I was better at sewing. I cried during  most of it with him at my side. He was so right when I came across that first bag recently I was amazed. that’s when I decided to make a new one, I altered it greatly cause the other was too small, and pockets that were mostly decorative. I’m very happy with this new one.

I highly suggest if you have had a project that almost defeated you ( or did )  to take it out, and look at how far your skills have come, and possibly try it again, at the very worst you can learn from it